Saturday, September 1, 2007

Of Morning Sickness, Afternoon Sickness, Night Sickness....

I have learned a lot.Last Saturday, Katie and I went riding up town. We started back early because she was starting to get nausouse.To expediate things, I took the Natchez Trace back to Clinton from North Jackson.Almost hit a deer, it would have been the third in under 2 years, but I doged it. Unfortunatly, that did not help Katie's nausa. I asked several times and she stated she did not have to throw up.Lesson One - Beware when they say they don't have to throw up.I spent 15 minutes getting the French Toast and Syrup I made her for breakfast out of the sink. This was after 5 minutes of pucking. Right about when I finished that, she ran past and spent another couple of minutes over the toilet.That was the first, and so far, last of the morning sickness. Now, before she gets out of bed, she eats a few oyster crackers and waits about 5 minutes before getting up. She drinks something (not orange juice) about a half an hour later. No more mixing liquid and solids early in the morning!Also, she found that these really helped...They cost $10 American and simply go around both wrists. She didn't think it would help at first, but I got them anyway. She finally admited that they really seemed to work, even if she didn't get how.This site will be organized a little better later, but right now we are real early in the pregnancy and are kinda scattershot. More better later.