Wednesday, August 1, 2007

SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY Coming Soon!

Okay, this hasn't had any tv time yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it. Having purchased all the Marvel animated direct-2-dvd movies, I think it is about time that DC gets in on the action.Septemer 18th, 2007, sees the release of the SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY movie from Warner Brothers! Check the trailer out below.Looks pretty good, but it will be greatly abridged. I think I read the references to the Justice League, the Reign of the Supermen, and the destruction of Coast City and Green Lantern will not be in it.Lots of people have complained about this, but I have to say that it probably is a good thing. The full Death Of Superman story took well over a year to tell. It ran through multiple titles and had several spin-offs. Even if Timm and his crew stuck to the main story, it would have been a minimum of 2 DVD movies, maybe more. One day, we may see a major mini-series run on television based on something like KINGDOM COME or THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, but I thik that it is best to start with baby steps.Anyway, this is out just a couple of days before my birthday, so hopefully someone will pay attention. ;-)Almost forgot, after this, Darwin Cooke's NEW FRONTIER is to be released. That one looks REALLY excellent, as the art style is closer to the comic than SUPERMAN/DOOMSDAY.Later