Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"New" books to read...

You may have noticed on the right there is a sidebar item regarding the books I'm currently reading. Well, after I finished the original Dragonlance Chronicles in a week, I needed more to read. Since I enjoy the old TSR novels, I figured I would stick to the genre.Problem is, the average price of a paperback novel is $7.99. If I wanted to go ahead and pick up a trilogy, that would be about $24 dollars. That's also about the price for most "box"sets. But I REALLY needed something to read.Enter, the used bookstore!Today, Katie and I rode down to the Book Shelf in Madison, MS. Yeah, there is a store in Clinton, and one in Jackson, but I knew that The Book Shelf had quite a few of the older TSR novel.It took me about 30 minutes of looking, but I was able to pick up the Spelljammer novels, The Cloakmaster Cycle. I got all 6 books to complete the series, for $17. That is for just a little more than the price of 2 brand new books. I hate that the spines are messed up a little, but they are in total in very good condition. Going to start in on the first book, Beyond The Moons by David Cook, later on tonight.I finally got Katie to try the original Dragonlance trilogy, and so far she says she loves it. I figured she might need a little change from the mystery and forensic stuff she usually reads.